To the web site of Grace Ministry International - Africa and its sister churches in Kenya and beyond. GMI was started in Taita Ta Veta county in 1990. A church building in Greenfields was completed in 1989. There are now more than 50 members, with well over 100 adults attending.
We exist to glorify God through the preaching and teaching of the Bible with the aim that sinners will be saved and that saints will grow to Christian maturity. Historically, we follow in the footsteps of those Churches called Reformed or pentecostal. We emphasize the following Biblical teachings:
- The 66 books of the Bible are the inspired and fully authoritative words that guide our church.
- God is sovereign in creation, providence and redemption.
- Sinners are saved by the electing love of the Father, the death of the Son for His people, and the regenerating work of the Spirit.
- Salvation is by grace and is received by repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ alone
Funds & resources
we receive from well wishers of the church both in & out of the country.
contributions can be made through western union money transfer, and through our bank- Kenya commercial bank(k c b) wundanyi branch.
we also have a dedicated team at the church that contributes greatly to the well fare and financing of the church's budget.
history of the church.
Wasinyi- church premises were secured by the pastor and his -Eunice kavai wife way back in 2005.EUNICE HAS BEEN A VERY SUPPORTIVE WIFE TO THE BISHOP SINCE THEN. the first congregation we had were 2 children in our first service. but God has seen us through a lot and now the church has grown to way over 1000 members. history has it that in taita, no pastor has ever stood with the church for more than 2 months, but God has stood with us from way back ,and the church has continued to grow by his grace.
Most of the congregation are women and children simply because of the HIV/AIDS SCOURGE that has left most widowed, homeless children and therefore their livelihood rests on the church and farming on the small plots of land left by their husbands .
Church is located , at wundanyi town (where the head office is) - has seven branches in Mombasa, taita taveta and voi town.
- every Wednesday & Friday from 8:30 pm - 3:00 pm,deliverance ( healing ministry).
Mon - sun morning payers. 4:45 am - 6:00 am ,
- Mon - sun lunch hour prayers 12: pm - 1: 45 pm,
- Sunday service: morning service 100: 00 am - 1: pm
- evening service- 5:00 pm - 6: 30 pm
- every end month, we hold women conferences & retreats.
Name of pastor : Bishop Kenneth G Kavai.